Think about how you felt.
Ohhhhhh do you have goose bumps and that funky feeling in your tummy? Can you see yourself at your bench, with all your tools and the music is playing just the right tunes.
The idea for the piece came to you effortlessly and you confidently executed it. You were on fire as each part of the design came together. Joy and energy radiated at each step, all the way to final outcome.
You were proud and amazed at what you created! Like giving birth to a part of your soul!
Yet there are times we are "blocked" or just can't seem to find any creative spark. This is usually because we are overwhelmed and exhausted. It's just time to clear away the excuses and clean up the old patterns.
Here’s a great list of 15 Creative Practices to Employ in Your Life:
- Practice gratitude. Start off each day or end each night with a list of things you are grateful for.
- Take time to play each day whether it's at your bench or outside. If this is hard for you to do, start with 15 minutes.
- Teach and learn. This will take your talent to the next level.
- Read new stuff and learn a new skill. It's even better if it's something you don't agree with or aren't really interested in. Turn your box upside down!
- Rest! No one can be creative when they are tired.
- Stop complaining or the universe hears you ordering more stuff to complain about.
- Watch your language. Change negative remarks about yourself or others into positive ones.
- Embrace criticism as true love and care.
- Be silly and full of whimsy
- Systemize your schedule and stick to it. Include exercise daily.
- Break down your goals into doable action steps. No more than 3 a day.
- Have an accountability partner for support and to help you embrace savoring time off.
- Shed the mental burden of your clutter. Repair broken things, toss trash, donate unused items.
- Set an intention daily. Then try setting one for each task in your day no matter how big or small. Tell the universe how you'd like it to play out. It's amazing what you'll get when you ask for it!
- Surround yourself with positive people and situations where you can thrive.
Don't forget to leave a comment and get entered to win a F*R*E*E give-away from Whole Lotta Whimsy! Drawing is July 31st, 2012!