Did you know there are 5 influential factors when you market or sell? Without connecting to the buyer with one of these factors, you will not have a sale.
Photo By: Jen Kahn
Most companies focus on the first four factors. Scare the potential customer into wondering if they will die, feel unloved, look ugly, be broke, fat or be miserable without your product or service.
I’ve always preferred to go with “love”. Love them as if they are your best friend, your mom, or your brother.
What if you bowled them over with love and pleasure? How would it make them feel to wear your jewelry, to own your piece of art, to read your words, and to listen to your music. What if you seduced them with the love of being blessed with your blessing?
We connect on the human level through our emotions and feelings. It is all about the energy and how we pass that along to others.
Your creativity is energy from your deepest source. Your work absorbs and becomes that energy which is passed along to your customer. This is your story…of you and your work.
If your work is about technique, perfection and execution, what story does that tell and does it connect to anyone? Reach down deep and incorporate this “story” into your work, your website, your brand, and your selling technique.
5 Ways to Communicate Your Story with Your Customer Through Your Work:
- Think of your art as your best friend. Look at her and admire her strengths and beauty. Realize that she has faults and embrace her crooked teeth and warts. There is no need to perfect her. Let her shine as you created her.
- Don't plan out your design to the nth degree. Allow for impulse and to be inspired by the materials, shape, texture, line, etc. Ask yourself why did you chose that material or pattern? What does it say to you and how can you tell a story with it as your voice?
- Set an intention before commencing on a project. Focus on the intention and then release it. Be free to wander in your artwork.
- Envision a time and place that your piece would be worn. Dream about the laughter and joy of the moment it is worn or given as a gift. Embrace that loving energy and let it envelope you as you create.
- Trust in yourself as the artist. Know that you will create the art just as it needs to be. Allow it to be done, and to speak for you. Your creative process and outcome is perfect when you let yourself be free when creating it. Think of it as imperfect perfection!
Don't forget to leave a comment and get entered to win a FREE give-away from Whole Lotta Whimsy! Drawing is October 1st!